My aunt, uncle, little man and myself went to a Luau at the Navy base tonight and it was so much fun! Great music, lots of activities for the kids, amazing food, and dancers! Not to mention all the extremely handsome men in uniform. Goodness knows how much I appreciate them.
We stood in line for food for probably 45 minutes. The wait wasn't that bad because the entertainment was playing excellent music, Lucas was holding his own bottle, chill as could be, and the people were fun to watch. There was a huge play house and slide for the kids, as well as face painting, snow cones, and hula girls walking around giving people (those flowery necklaces).
The menu consisted of pulled pork with a delicious BBQ sauce, baked beans, BBQ chicken, and some exquisite cake, the likes of which I have never before tasted. The cake tasted like angel food cake, moist and fluffy, topped with a frosting that was like.... like frosting frosted air. I've never tasted frosting like that before! I literally left reality for a moment and floated away to paradise. And I'm not exaggerating.
After the food, it was limbo time (which I did not participate in), after which came the hula dancers. Two ladies got up on stage and did several dances (separated by several costume changes) and in between their dances was a young man doing traditional dances from the islands. They were fantastic to watch! At last came the fire dancing. The young man (we'll call him Paco) came out in front of the stage. There was a woman trying to make all the young children move back further so he could do his routine safely. It wasn't that effective, so Paco lit one end of his fire thing and ran at the children and swung it to the ground real fast to scare them! It was so hilarous to see all those children scream in fear haha! I know that sounds terrible, but it was fantastic! Anyhow, he did all kinds of wonderful things in that dance, including licking the fire, lying on his back and putting both ends of the fire stick on his feet, and all the things you'd think you'd see in a wonderful fire dance display! I was filming it up close and Lucas was in Auntie Bell's arms, and apparently he was enthralled.
We left after the fire dancer. Tomorrow will be a day for relaxation for momma, and I'm really looking forward to it!! :) The luau was so fantastic, I had so much fun and I'm so happy we went!
No comments:
Post a Comment