Tomorrow is a possible day to look forward to! If the weather permits, we are going out on the boat into the ocean to hang out with the dolphins, check out some exotic fish, and relax in the September sun. Lucas will be at Miss Barbara's house for the day. Miss Barbara is a woman from church who just adores Lucas. She's been waiting for me to ask her to babysit since Lucas was two months old! Tomorrow will hopefully be her day, because as long as the water isn't choppy and the wind is low enough, we'll be out on the water! I have to make a cheat sheet for her to watch him. She'll be watching him from about 10:00 AM to around 5:00 PM, which is the longest he's ever been babysat outside of my house!
Something that I find interesting is how little time there seems to be to teach your infant to be able to trust the people you trust them with. I worry that when I leave Lucas with Miss Barbara, he'll get fussy and all hell will break loose. He doesn't know her very well, but I guess I need to trust that he IS a great baby, and I'm sure that if he is occupied enough he will be just fine. It's amazing how there really is time to teach your child to be okay when you're not by their side, but the only problem is I wasn't the one who was ready for it. I wasn't ready to leave him in anyone else's hands, even if they were safe and trustworthy.
I even have a hard time leaving him just to go to work. I see little babies coming in with their families all the time. Newborns all the way up to the wee ones who just learned to walk. It just makes me want to be at home with my little man, holding him, teaching him to roll over and crawl, standing him on my feet and dancing with him.
These days make me treasure my days off :)
No comments:
Post a Comment