Lucas has been learning "If I cry, someone will pick me up" and almost has it mastered. Fortunately, I decided early on that I don't want to put up with it, so he definitely won't master that "skill". The hard part is that I just can't stand it when he's unhappy. Sometimes, he gets unhappy so often that I'm thinking "Really, child? Can you please just get happy?!" Of course I don't let him sit there and cry, or just pick him up and expect it to all be happy times. I love to play with him and make him smile! It makes me the happiest mama in the world when I see him like that.
Lucas gets bored, but not very easily. Lately, he's been teething, so I figure sometimes he wants comfort. Other times, he really does want to play with someone. And there are times that he's just bored and wants to be entertained. It's deciphering the code of his coos and cries that makes it easy, and also makes it difficult. I can mostly always tell when he's hungry though, thank goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment