Baby boy is napping, obviously, so I'm gonna sit down here and talk about him ;)
I am so in love with this little boy. He's the most precious gift God has ever given me in this life time. He's going to be six months old in just a few weeks, and I can hardly believe it! He's over 20lbs, and Lord only knows how long he is. He was 7lbs 8oz and 19 1/4" at birth. I know that he reaches up to above my knees when he stands on my feet though.
Today, we were having tummy time. I picked him up and set him on his feet so he could look at Sadie, our dog. I started singing that waltzing song (I don't know the name of it, sorry) and decided I wanted to dance with my little man. I stood up, turned him towards me and put his little feet on my big toes. He looked up at me and smiled so brightly as I started to make us dance. I was singing, and we were dancing, and he wouldn't take his eyes off me. I loved every second of it! His smile is just so contagious! His curly brown hair, above his ocean blue eyes that fit perfectly inside his chubby little face. They just take my breath away!
I want to give this little guy everything. I'm so excited to have my own place with him. He'll have his own room (and so will I!!!!) where I can decorate, put his crib, and he can play with his toys. Our living room walls will be filled with pictures of him and our family. That's where his current bed will be (he sleeps in a pack&play). My room will probably just be a mess of laundry. Speaking of which, I must go do now :)
No comments:
Post a Comment